DAY 1 – Reception and briefing
- The Yuniqly sports expert will welcome you at reception and invite you to the briefing, where all the week’s activities will be presented.
- In the afternoon, a nutritionist will offer an interesting seminar on sports nutrition.
- The Yuniqly team will be on hand throughout to assist you with any request.
DAY 2 – 50-kilometre cycling session, from Torre Salsa to Porto Empedocle
- What we have planned for today is a 50-kilometre training session along one of the most beautiful stretches of the Agrigento coastline.
- We will set off after breakfast and cycle through the Torre Salsa Nature Reserve in the direction of Scala dei Turchi, the iconic white cliff that is among the most renowned landmarks of the Agrigento coast.
- From there, we will continue on to Porto Empedocle, an ancient fishing village that has now flourished into an economic and cultural centre.
- We will then return to the resort and enjoy a relaxing massage at the spa.
DAY 3 – 10-kilometre running session in the Torre Salsa Nature Reserve
- Today’s running session will be right on our doorstep. Thanks to our collaboration with the Torre Salsa Natura Reserve, we will have the chance to train in a spectacular natural setting.
- For this light trail running session we will run on a dirt road under the supervision of the Yuniqly sports expert, who will analyse our running technique.
- The training session will be followed by a yoga class.
DAY 4 – Swimming session – Analysis of swimming technique in the Adler pool
- Today is “easy day”: instead of training outside the resort, we will take advantage of our semi-Olympic seawater pool for a short session focused on the analysis of swimming technique.
- The Yuniqly sports expert will assist each participant individually to optimise their technique.
- In the afternoon, the ADLER chef will deliver a masterclass on preparing DIY energy bars using locally sourced ingredients.
DAY 5 – 3-kilometre swimming session in open water
- The sea, finally!
- Today, we will swim along the coastline of the Torre Salsa Nature Reserve, doing a round-trip swim of approximately 3 kilometre
- The Yuniqly sports expert will be supervising the athletes from the boat, ensuring their safety at sea.
DAY 6 70-kilometre cycling session – Sciacca
- We will start the day with a yoga session before heading out to Sciacca on a mixed route with a few challenging climbs.
- The itinerary will lead us to Sciacca – an ancient town renowned for its ceramics and historic centre.
- A decontracting massage will be waiting for us on return.
DAY 7 – Swimrunning session
- Today, we will start off with a yoga session followed by a training session dedicated to swimrunning – a little-known sports discipline that is enjoying increasing popularity.
- We will make our way along the coastline alternating running and swimming stretches, without changing clothes in between. This means that we will have to swim with our running shoes on, and run in our swimwear. After our session, a decontracting massage will help us recover from the exertion.
DAY 8 – Departure
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Half board arrangement, with a lavish buffet breakfast and à-la-carte dinner
- Spa treatments as per programme
- Access to the ADLER Sicilia spa services
- Participation in the ADLER daily outdoor activities, including the daily fitness and yoga programme
- 2 cycling sessions
- 2 swimming sessions
- 1 running session
- 1 swimrunning session
- Supervision by a qualified Yuniqly sports expert during each training sessions
- Welcome box (biodegradable water bottle, technical t-shirt, note pad)
- Bianchi bicycle for training sessions
- Medical insurance (this policy does not cover sports competitions)